Sunday, March 06, 2005

LR Weekend

So Jessica and I went to Little Rock this past weekend. She and Jen were planning a baby shower for JJ. Friday night - dinner with Wade and JJ. Saturday night we had the whole gang together. A nice Italian meal. Celebrating the announced pregnancy of Rich and Jen. I pulled out the bottle of port that Rich had given me as a wedding present. It seemed right to open and share it with everyone at this special occasion.

And it was good. Warre's 1987 Port. Very decadent and smooth.

There was some attempt to play Dance Dance Revolution 2 but I failed miserably.

The highlight for me was the chance to feel JJ's baby kick. Well...missed opportunity as it wouldn't perform...but it was the first time I'd felt a pregnant belly. Now I know this sounds naive but it was softer than I anticipated. Very moving. Due to the alcohol I blurted out to Jess that we needed to get one (baby).

I have since come to my senses.

In many ways this was a missed opportunity weekend. Aside from the group at dinner I didn't get to see any of my usual suspects. I'll make a better effort next month.

No comments: