Monday, March 07, 2005

Everyone's a Critic

Wow. One day in and criticism already. Thanks Peter. To be fair he did provide a link and some words of encouragement.

The truth is that though I write for a living, it's a very different type of authorship. More structured. Here I'm self consciously trying to be off-the-cuff and it just doesn't really work.

Yet.

See there are plenty of blogs, monologues, diaries, etc. And I frequent a few so I'm having a hard time getting those out of my head and finding (for lack of a better phrase) my voice. Oh I used to write a lot back in high school and college. Bad poetry, plays, and short stories. Most of that stuff was trashed a long time ago.

My aim here in this venue is to practice. I don't open up too easily (which is the point Pete was trying to make,
I think) so it will take time.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Well, keep it up. You're on a roll.

I as a reader would love to be exposed to more of your dry wit. If you're interested in what your readership would want, taht is.

Anonymous said...

I think you should use the word "ideative" as much as possible. Or, "iddy-umpty." Yeah, that's a good un. --Grammar Girl.