Thursday, December 22, 2005

Today's Word: Contrition

Contrition: Sincere remorse for wrongdoing; repentance.

Now this isn't directed at me...rather to someone else. Someone who has shown (near as I can tell) very little in the way of apologizing or owning-up to their actions (i.e. contrition). Work on it. Look in the mirror and own up to the hard truths.

On to something else...

Mike...there was a great Ken Nordine piece on All Things Considered last night. Thought of you. Here's a link to the piece.

And for Katand the language lovers out there...you know who you are...this fun link (NPR again).

2 comments:

Ken said...

In this instance I was clarifying that I was targeting a specific (though un-named) person.

But you are essentially correct..."Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." I am certainly not exempt from a failure to repent on occasion.

munkee girl said...

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to ME?!?!

Hey Melissa: echelon for future use. I'm one of those word nerds.

I heard the Latin thing. You'll be happy to know that high church St. Joe's did the Liturgy of the Eucharist in Latin. Semper ubi sub ubi!