Monday, December 12, 2005

So it was an interesting weekend. Friday night I went to a department Christmas party held by my new employer. Jessica and I really didn't know anyone. Slightly awkward....but not so bad. I won a nutcracker as a door prize. We stayed long enough to be seen and chat a bit though.

Saturday was the big Stroud Christmas party. Finally got some of the F'ville crew to attend. I know that I had fun (and lots of alcohol). It was great to see everyone from F'ville. I know it's only been a week but people seem so far away. It helps to think in terms of when I'll see them again (which for most of them will be in less than a month) and look forward to that rather than dwell on the distance. Additional weekend bonus...Nick and Sarah stayed with us and we visited the Clinton Museum. I still recommend it to everyone. Thank you for the ticket Nick.

Sunday was Lukas Haddock's Baptism...which I missed. Jess was able to attend...and I joined the family for socializing after the service. Lukas is still very cute. Baby Derden was there...along with my first sighting of the nearly one-year old Hester Franks. Let me just say that my friends seem to be blessed with great children...and I hope the trend continues.



It's that time of the year to post the link Beth Horton sent around last year...make your own snowflakes. If you talk to her...thank her for this bit of cheer.

1 comment:

Peter said...

Dude, that is one totally cute baby.

You look very 'dad-like' there. It's a good look for you.