Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year

Quick final post for 2005.

There was some good, bad, and a whole lot of average. Thank you to all my friends (and wife) who made the good even better, the bad more bearable, and the average a pretty nice status quo.

All we can hope for when reflecting on the last year and looking towards the next....is improvement. We can always find find something about ourselves, job, family, or environment that we can work to better.

As for additional resolutions...we'll I'm still working on that but I find it's generally silly to make a resolution centered on this one date. They need to be ongoing initiatives, tied to achievable goals. Let's face it we all are who we are (brilliant, huh). Leopards can't change their spots. So make resolutions that fit who you are. I'm not going to resoluve to cure cancer or climb a mountain. Not going to happen. I can resolve to eat fewer fried foods. Might happen. Certainly more realistic.

Also...my past resolutions tend to have a delayed impact. Resolution 2000...shave head. Didn't do it till 2003. Resolution 2002...run marathon. Still waiting on that...I had been training but was derailed by the move (ah, but which move). Now, I'm focusing on maybe a half-marathon first.

Baby steps people.

And improvement. My final words to you this 2005.

Shalom

7 comments:

twd3lr said...

Ahh, time to reflect. Good thoughts here.

Speaking of resoultions...

Ken, please, please, please resolve to enable the RSS feed for your blog. I would really like to add it to my Web 2.0 page of choice (www.netvibes.com), and I am sure others would like it too. That way we are sure to not miss out on any of your posts. :)

munkee girl said...

I resolve to eat all the fried foods that you're avoiding and to bulk up quite nicely.

P.S. Collin agrees with the RSS thing.

Ken said...

If you're looking to put meat on them bones...try the Shakey's diet plan. Carvel would help...

I think I turned the RSS thing on yesterday in response to Tom.

Also thinking about turning off the word verification again to see what happens. Peter doesn't seem to get lots of spam posts.

twd3lr said...

Ok, turning on RSS is one thing, but you have to actually place a link somewhere on your template to display it, either with a neato little graphic or a simple text link. I added way, way too many feed links to my blog through FeedBurner: http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/home

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Peter said...

Occasionally I get one spam post. I just delete it. Doesn't happen very often.

munkee girl said...

Bones--haha! Now, Sarah could put some meat on dem bones, but she doesn't eat tasty little critters.

I think you should leave the word verification on. Where else would I learn delightful new words like "vylesqm"?

munkee girl said...

P.S. Post some pics of Bondo and Basil, will ya? We miss you guys, but we miss them, too. Sigh...

The word for this post is hozqhjt. Don't use in mixed company.