Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Back Finally

Well...this past week ahs been rather busy. Finished out one job, moved, then started a new job on Monday. I am tired.

Also...I now have email and internet again. So I can continue posting.

The last day at the old job was, as expected, bittersweet. The team was very nice an appreciative. We went out to lunch and had cake. I did receive some nice parting gifts at a party the other night. One of my co-workers gave me a cool stack of books....geared towards my tastes. Another, who organized the event, gave me a nice grab-bag of humorous gifts and photos (thanks Cynthia).

The books:
The Greatest Stories Never Told : 100 Tales from History to Astonish, Bewilder, and Stupefy
Random Family : Love, Drugs, Trouble, and Coming of Age in the Bronx
The Closing of the Western Mind : The Rise of Faith and the Fall of Reason
How Soccer Explains the World : An Unlikely Theory of Globalization
Corpse: Nature, Forensics, and the Struggle to Pinpoint Time of Death

I've started on the soccer and the 100 tales. Very good thus far. Thank you Kelly. I'll pass on my reviews when I finish reading.

The temporary house is working fine...but Jessica and I are very motivated to get a permanent home. It's clear that Basil and Vagabond are not pleased with the arrangement.

Anyway...It's good to be back online (not ready to say that it's good to be back in LR).

I'll get some new photos up soon....including the much promised Jones soda tasting.

4 comments:

Peter said...

Ok, speaking of Little Rock, eat a veggie pizza at Vino's if you get a chance. Personally, one of the best veggie pizzas I've ever tasted.

Also, speaking as someone who hasn't lived in the Little Rock area in over 12 years, I'll expect regular reports/critiques of local eating and entertainment establishments. If you please.

I trust the job goes well? Your skills are obvious and apparent, so your transition should be easier than for most.

And lastly, miss you buddy. Thursday night won't be the same without you. Any weekend that you guys come up, maybe we could swing a game of Illuminati or somesuch.

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Awww.... Pete's gonna make me cry.

Ken said...

Roger that Pete. I'll start reviewing when we start doing.

I think I'm going to try an take Nick and Sarah to Vino's on Sat. Anyone want to join us for lunch? I like their calzones and beer.

Peter said...

Dude. Calzones. Mmmm... Wish I wasn't working this weekend.

Aw shucks ma'am. :)