Friday, June 23, 2006

Read Now

I love the fact that the internet allows us near instant access to lots of historical literature and books.  Thank goodness there is so much good material that is beyond the reach of intellectual propery laws.  Who needs 20th/21st Cent. writing when we have so much to read in the past.  Don't get me wrong...I like the new stuff too.  But...if you're looking for a poem or perhaps don't have the cash to spend on paper books, or owe huge library fines...you can find good books online. 

I found this site the other day...Read Print.  It's not terribly expansive and limited to fiction/poetry...but they have a simple interface and good search. 

Then there is the gigantic 18,000 title Project Gutenberg. So may books - not limited to English or even fiction or even good writer.  However, their site is not user friendly.  Still...it's easily the best of it's type one the internet.

1 comment:

munkee girl said...

Named of course, for a CHERMAN. They made it to the quarter finals, btw. And the German version of Projekt Gutenberg is awesome--I send my students there all the time. Ken, it's at:

http://gutenberg.spiegel.de/

if you want to check it out.