Thursday, June 15, 2006

Choose!!!

It looks like Choose Your Own Adventures are going to return. It will be interesting to see how they modernize them. I remember reading through so many of them. So very fun. Here's the odd thing about me....as a kid I always looked for the books with fewer endings. The reason was simple (and it's not some sub-test about fate or destiny and the true lack of choice). If a COYA had 30 possible endings...and only 90 pages...then the amount of story was smaller. I always wanted more story and internal choices even if the possible endings were limited.

I still remember the first CYOA I bought...Prisoner of the Ant People. Good fun. Somehow aliens got involved in one of the endings. I need to replenish the collection so I can pass on the readings to some future little one of mine.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.06/start.html?pg=3

No comments: