Sunday, June 04, 2006

Jess and I took a long weekend trip to Tulsa to check in on our property there. It's in much better condition than we had been led to believe. Actually...it's in great shape. We cleaned and painted. Slept on the floor. That's really about it. We'll be getting the gutters cleaned and the trees trimmed. The trees were amazing. The two trees in front of the house have grown very large. Branches are encroaching on the driveway. These need to be trimmed. The pecan trees in the backyard are easily 30-40 feet tall and their canopy has filled in nicely after getting swarmed by webworms a few years ago. We had initially discussed traveling back to Little Rock via F'ville but opted to get home sooner rather than later. Traveling with the Vagabond can make if difficult to pop in on friends.

Dogblogger - We'll be sure to give you a buzz when we're in Dallas with a little more time. We were trying to coordinate the trip with some friends from F'ville and the trip was a quick 1-day turnaround which gave us very limited options socially.

I know that most of the people who visit this page are based in the South but I'm surprised that everyone who responded to the Yankee/Dixie survey fell into the Dixie category (Aside from me and I promise I didn't skew my answers). Interesting.

2 comments:

munkee girl said...

Woo hoo! Glad that the trip went well. And hey, you can always check in with old friends with us in tow. *We* don't have any problems mixing new friends and old. ;).

DogBlogger said...

Yeah, Munkee Girl, I think I remember a Girl Scout song about that or something...

Anyway, I'll be gallivanting around The Hometown for the next few days (part work, part family stuff), but I'll still check email. And I'm going to stay away from Tragic Springs, although I will have a friend to visit at the nearby KOA Kampground. No dogs can come with, though, at least this time.