Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Been meaning to post this for a couple weeks now....it's pretty fun...enjoy. Pretty good animation and Legos are almost always cool.

Click Here.

I've not got a lot to say right now. Sad about the Pope, but we all knew it was coming. It's interesting to view the world reaction and see how the election of the new pontiff occurs. The challenge for me is to find the real news in the midst of all the fluff. It's going to dominate the news until a new one is elected and then we'll have at least another week of analysis and investigation on the new Pope.

First Congressional Medal of Honor from the current war was issued yesterday. I believe it's only the third since the Vietnam War. We can't forget that we're still a country at war...no matter how much it's downplayed by the press and politicians.

Started playing soccer again. Essentially the first time since the end of high school. Managed to jam my left index finger - it's nice and purple now. Just like old times. Don't think it's broken. I should have posted a photo of it. The game was fun, but I am so out of shape. I'm still achy from Sunday's game. At least I don't smoke like members of my team. Hell...after the game the first thing some of them did was get a cigarette. That's bothersome. Still...I'm glad I decided to play again and plan to stick with it.

4 comments:

munkee girl said...

Well, it wouldn't be soccer if you didn't try to chiv(e) someone with your finger. (Yup, that's the right spelling...I looked it up. *grin*) I should start fencing again so we could compare bruises.

In an unrelated note, I would like to note that Ken's wife Jessica is our realtor, and in addition to the fact that she's an all-around swell gal, she ROCKS at her job.

Now...back to Lessing.

Peter said...

Sorry about your finger dude. They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing.

Ken said...

Peter...

Sorry about your thing as well. Kat told me this evening. Hope you are well. If Wes isn't able, I'll come pick you up on Thurs.

munkee girl said...

Hey, Mike, yeah...it's a good sport for lil' girls like me because, hey, less target area. Collin got me into it, but he's a much better fencer since he's a sneaky left-handed punk (attacks coming at you from the "wrong" side). Haven't been in awhile because the salle's in Springdale, and by the time I drive up there, suit-up, fence, and get home, it's a three to four hour committment. Maybe once the nebulous tenure nirvana has been reached...it's a good calorie-burning sport, too, since even though it's anaerobic, you're doing a lot of running back and forth on the strip.