Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sunday...not so good. Played soccer and it was our best game yet. Still we lost 3-0. Two of the goals came in the last ten minutes when our reletively out of shape team was draging hard.

The not so good part was the fall I took defending a corner kick. Essentially I landed on my hand and did something to my wrist....something painful. I finished the game but by that time my left wrist was not moving. Went home, showered, then headed off to the ER. That was at 3pm. We didn't get out of there till close to 8pm. What a long and painful day. Thanks to Jessica for going to the game and sitting with me at the hospital. It's not broken but badly sprained. I'm typing this with my wrist imobilized and in pain. Not an easy task. But I figured I needed to practice, as I use a keyboard for a living.

Anyway...I'm gimped-up a bit but will still post as much as I can. Ive taken my narcotic pain-killer so I will probably be asleep soon.

More later...

6 comments:

dj said...

Ouch.

Glad it's not a break. Next time don't be a hero though!

twd3lr said...

Bummer, Ken. You should try to refrain from falling on corner kicks, or at the least, train yourself to not stick your hands out to brace your fall. ;) Hope you feel better soon.

munkee girl said...

Gute Besserung!

Ken said...

Okay...30 is not old!!! Though I was told at least 5 times today that perhaps I shouldn't be playing...damn. I'm not complaining about the injury. I'm having a lot of fun!!

Peter said...

Well, speaking as someone who has spent more than his fair share in emergency rooms lately, I feel for you bro.

Get well soon.

Peter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.