Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Podcasts...

From time to time I plan to share my ever-changing podcast selections from iTunes. All the podcasts I will mention over then next few weeks are free; I believe, requiring only an iTunes account and the software loaded on your pc.

These are presented in no specific order or hierachy of favoritism.

Knowledge@Wharton

This is podcast from the Wharton School of Business @ the University of Pennsylvania offering the latest business insights, information and research from a variety of sources.

Why do I listen? I enjoy the variety of article that cover diverse business topics from the biddin behaviour of buyers in internet auctions, to the recent trends in pension downsizing, to the economics of renting vs. byuing in the home video market. As I didn't attend business school, I find that I can learn just enough to be dangerous in a conversation. The audio is generally 5x5 and the narrator is fairly engaging with material that, in the wrong voice, could be snooze inducing.

The Onion Radio News

Get your RDA of artifical news in this quick, 1-minute, daily fake news report topic taken from The Onion. It's presented very seriously, with no indication that a joke is being played out. Very good and often laugh-out-loud funny. Also well produced - 5x5.
About UsHelpFeedbackSubscribeThe Wharton School

No comments: