Monday, May 30, 2005

Exhibit Temporarily Closed

Spend Saturday in Tulsa with Collin, Kat, Nich, Sarah and (of course) Jessica. We went to the zoo. It was a great day, as we were footloose and fancy-free. No cares or concerns. Just captured animals to view.

Problem though....see the Tulsa Zoo actually sucks pretty hard. Especially if you've ever been to good zoos. So many of the exhibits had nice little signs indicating they were were temproarily closed. So many in fact that we soon got bored with our makeshift photo record of the missing animals. Over the next few weeks I'll pepper the blog with the better photos from the trip.

To top it off...Jess' left shoe essentially melted and came unglued late in the day leaving her to shuffle around like the Mummy in order to keep her shoe together and on her foot.

After the zoo...we headed to Utica Square for some shopping and dinner at P.F. Changs. Dinner certainly made up for the very average zoo. We all enjoyed or meals and cannot wait for the one to open nearby in Rogers. I had wok-seared lamb that was so good...and while it was delicious I think I enjoyed the shrimp that Nick ordered even more.

Special thanks to Peter and Beth for stopping by and checking in on Vagabond. I now know how inconvenient that actually was...so again...Thank you.

There was one other big thing this weekend and I do not have a lot of details at this point....Wade and J are officially parents of a little boy. J gave birth to Jack on Saturday. I'll post a photo as soon as I have one and have permission from the parents. I know that Wade and J will be excellent parents. Jess and I now have an additional excuse to make trips to Little Rock.

Today...looking forward to some traditional grilling with friends...some drinking and general relaxing. Jess and I just finished our major weekend project, which was to make a gate for our fence that could accomodate a larger mower or tractor.

Mission accomplished. Let the laziness begin!!!

No comments: