Monday, January 01, 2007

Big News (Delayed)

As many of the people who visit here know, Jess and I are pursuing international adoption from Vietnam. Well...in mid-December we received a referral for a baby boy...which we've decided to accept. (I realize a lot of you know this too but I've made no mention of it in this venue.)

He's a little over 5 months old and appears to be absolutely adorable. We hope to travel to Vietnam by late Spring at the earliest, but it's not in our control. It can't happen soon enough. I want him home.

His name will be Beckett.

Jess and I finally started working on his room this weekend. We picked colors (green/brown) and bedding (abstract/shapes) and purchased a crib. I'll not dwell on the details here. Rather, visit our adoption blog for more details and photos. http://bringinghomebe.blogspot.com/

I do want to share one bit about Beckett's room and the designs we're looking into. Jess has agreed, at least initially, to try out this cool Space Invader design on one of the walls. The challenge is to coordinate the room with the Space Invaders. Since we're trying to avoid trucks, cowboys, blue, etc it hopefully won't be too hard work in and still have a cohesive feel. Clearly I'm more about the Invader theme than Jess....but I think it could work and it's different.

Anyway...we're "having" a son and wanted to let you know.

5 comments:

Melinda J. Herring, BFA, LMT said...

That is so cool! I love it. yes, I found your blog and have been reading it. I'm so happy for you and Jes. The little boy is adorable. You can find me at http://catharsisqueen.wordpress.com/

alese said...

I have to chime in hugely in favor of the very cool space invaders (even if it get's me Jess demerits). How fun!

munkee girl said...

OOPS--didn't mean to spill the beans in my last comments. Still, HUZZAH for the referral and the addition of Beckett to the Johnston-Myer clan!

Sorry, Ken and Alese, I've got to go with Jess in saying ixnay on the aceinspadernays. (Okay, so I took classical Latin instead of pig Latin, so I might have butchered that.)

Peter said...

Oh cool man.

Seriously. Dig that.

Hey, can't wait for the time in the not too distant future when you guys can come up and Jack and Sophia can play with Beckett. I think that will be the tops.

DogBlogger said...

Neato! Hadn't been by in a while, and what a pleasant surprise I found. Will keep you all in my prayers.