Sunday, October 29, 2006

Yet another great...

Fayetteville weekend. Great trip. Lots of fun.

Annual John /Chris Halloween party. Voodoo on the Bayou. Nice to see some of the old Tyson folks. It was an odd mix of people who still worked for Tyson and those who were either let go or left the company. Then...add into the mix a bunch or realtors and you've got a recipe for fun. Major props to Jess for throwing together some last-minute costumes for us. We were voodoo dolls. However...I don't have photos...

It's nice getting to see the changes in Fayetteville. The corner of Joyce and College is undergoing some changes and there are a bunch of new businesses. I didn't make it to Dixon Street so I cannot comment on the construction in that area.

It was great seeing everyone. Duley and Idiz came over which was unexpected but thoroughly enjoyable and too short. Lunch with Jess' grandparents and introduced them to the baby blog. Doubt they visit but it's bookmarked on their machine. Spent the rest of Saturday with the Condrays and Hortons. Beth looks tired. It's clear that pregnancy can wear you out. Still...she was upbeat and Peter is a rock for her. Little Sophia is still adorable (not that I expect that to pass any time soon). Had some good moments with her. She's a lot of fun. And...special thanks to our wonderful hosts...Nick and Sarah.


Will try to get back up there before the end of the year but we're making no promises. Thankfully a large contingent are coming to visit in December for the annual LR Christmas Party. Even Sophia is visiting but the party still has a strict non-baby policy...at least until Jess and I have one...then all bets are off. Bring on the little ones!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Hey, what a coincidence. I was in Fayetteville this weekend too. Check my blog tomorrow and you'll see a picture taken at the Farmer's Market.

jennybee said...

I was there Saturday, too. Weren't the leaves gorgeous?

Annie said...

Hi, I thought I'd let you know there is a Fayetteville dailyphoto blog now. You can find the link in the list of blogsites at my blog. Annie

munkee girl said...

WHAT! How come the special change for the Johnston-Myerses Baby? I do happen to have a PURTY party dress all ready for Miss Sophia...maybe I'll smuggle her in in my purse.