Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Very busy weekend.

Magic Springs
on Saturday. I tend to call it Tragic Springs based on its former reputation as an unsafe and poorly maintained park. In all honesty I had a good time. It's no Disney, Universal, Silver Dollar City, or even Worlds of Fun but it was much better than I expected. There is a decent steel coaster with 5 inversions, number of above average carnival-style rides, a small water park, and a out-and-back wooden coaster - the Arkansas Twister. Odd name since there is no twisting involved. I liked the Twister and something called Wild Thang the best. Since we purchased season passes I'll certainly go back a few times throughout the summer. If you're in Central Arkansas be sure to consider this park if you're needing a coaster fix and can't get to one of the major parks.

We took advantage of our proximity to Hot Springs to eat at McClard's, an excellent barbecue restaurant. Stop in if you ever go to Hot Springs. Very tasty, especially if you like a strong vinegar-based sauce. Oh...no credit cards. Thankfully Bryan had cash to cover the meal.

Early warning to those who can get to Little Rock this weekend...it's Greek Food Fest next weekend. Don't miss it.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Sorry we missed Magic Springs. The season pass is definitely the way to go if you are going more than once in a season.

munkee girl said...

DANG! Hate to miss the GFF. Eat some baklava for me. Stop by the ATM first, eh? ;)

munkee girl said...

Oh yeah, and get Jess to tell you about LibertyLand so you can be sorry you missed it during your yankee childhood. *grin*

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Ummm...What's Liberty Land?

twd3lr said...

Btw, if you're going to refer to Magic Springs by its true name, it is Tragic Springs, Your Family Abusement Park. I can say that since I grew up in Hot Springs and visited the park more than I care to admit.

Peter said...

Liberty Land? Isn't that the Memphis version of Magic Springs? Old and probably dangerous wooden roller coasters. They were cool when I was 14. I'd probably hate them now. I think it's kind of near the airport.

munkee girl said...

twd3lr--HEH HEH HEH. Excellent.

DogBlogger said...

I actually WORKED at Magic Springs the summer between high school and college, and it was tragic, indeed. Painfully so. But I do understand things have changed for the better there since 1992.