Monday, May 22, 2006


Arm update...I hate the Little Rock Red Cross when they do this to me. Yes, I blame them. They are unfriendly and seem very unappreciative of donors. Unfortunately they are the only game in town. Also, I like to donate. I don't really volunteer in other ways so this is what I do to give back to the community. I guess I should be a bit more humble and agree that bruises are just part of the experience and let it go. I do encourage everyone to donate whole blood or platelets as frequently as you can. Chances are you won't bruise. I guess I'm just fragile.

3 comments:

DogBlogger said...

I think this picture will make Jess happier. No actual blood visible, and substantially less arm hair from this angle.

Oh, and we've had an occasional bruise courtesy of DFW's Red Cross. But the worst wasn't that; it was when they somehow put the needle up against the wall of the vein and then tried to blame it on me by asking, "Do you always bleed slow?" Which, of course, got me all wigged out so I started seeing spots and had to quit before the bag was even half full. My sister the former phlebotomist confirmed that it was a purely psychological reaction, plus explained how the slow bleed was their fault, and I went straight back to it without incident a few months later.

But yeah, I'm with you in that I don't do enough community service and this is a handy way to cover that.

munkee girl said...

Okay, honey, you need to call up the office, ask to speak to the manager, and direct them to point their browser to this pic. It's not like bad customer service at other places where you might get fries instead of tots or they forget to clean the tire rims--they're causing you PAIN, for pity's sake! BAD Red Cross! BAD!!!

Jenn said...

LR Red Cross is pitiful. They called my dad 2 times in a row about an appointment the other night. He showed up at his appointment time and was told that everyone was in a training class and that he'd just have to come back another time. My first experience with them was awful - your bruise is pales (pun intended) in comparison with mine. I had a puffy hematoma while the needle was still in. They are lucky that we're all nice folks that care more about saving lives than staying mad at them.