Saturday, April 22, 2006

Good Times

Went to a Hendrix reunion at the Flying Saucer last night. Much more enjoyable than expected. A pretty good crowd showed up and there were people I knew and who knew me. Most impressive was the number of people who actually came in from out of state. Everyone was at once very much the same and very different.

I'm heading out to breakfast right now (unexpectedly) so I'll return later and dive a little deeper into the events last night. I don't think Jess and I will be on campus for today's reunion activities. However, we will go to the church service on Sunday and I'm trying to talk her into going to the cafeteria for lunch: shrimp, baked potato, rainbow roast beef, and disco trays.

2 comments:

jennybee said...

Disco trays! Do they still have them, even with all the renovations? Wish I could have been there. I want to hear all about it.

DogBlogger said...

Wheee! Had a great time this weekend, too. It was cool to see you again.

Funny, JJ talked about "The Hendrix Bubble" in her sermon, and on the afternoon drive home to Texas my husband asked, "Did you hear about the new Osama bin Laden tape?" and I'm like, "Huh?"

Wishing the whole world were like Hendrix...

A