Friday, September 09, 2005

Kat - Some photos just for you...Germany in 1929. Nice stuff...very much what you think about when you think of Germany (and not thinking of the negatives).

I love old photos. The snapshots in time that they represent. I've gost some other links to old photos that I'll post at a later date.

In reference to a conversation the other night....I correctly remembered the publication date of Lyrical Ballads as 1798. This is seen as the start of the Romantic Period in English Literature. The Romantic Period in America didn't kick off till the 1820's.

That talk the other night re-ignited an interest in poetry. And you can all thank Peter for the, soon to be frequent, postings of poems. You're all lucky though...I won't be posting any of the drivel I have written.

1 comment:

munkee girl said...

And in Germany, for comparison, Romanticism is dated as 1798-1832.