Sunday, September 11, 2005

I try to make sure I remember previous posts...to that end here is another simi-intereting link about shopping malls. This is a brief outline on their rise and seeming fall in American culture.

Evolution of the Shopping Center
Also of note...Indoor soccer season began today. We lost 6-4. That's okay (well sort of)...I was not playing goalkeeper today so none of the goals against are directly attributable to me. I did however, manage to score one of our goals. My wonderful wife was there to cheer me on. Lots of fun. Next game is 9/18 at 3:00 pm. We play at the All-Star Sports Arena. Come watch a game on root for the Boys in Blue (yeah...the name sucks...but I didn't choose it).

One other cool thing...I was watching my normal Sunday news shows...when one was pre-empted to show some church thing. I then decided to search for something else to watch....and I found The Tick. The old animated version. It's on tv again....Saturdays and Sundays on ABC Family Channel. So if you liked the show (and really, who didn't) set your DVRs to record it. I already have. It's also on Toon Disney..but we don't have that channel.

2 comments:

munkee girl said...

"semi-"interesting?

Oh yeah, the misspelling in my post a while back was because my brain was addled by a site I use in my work, which is www.canoo.net. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

So, for Ken and anyone else interested in listening to German, check out:

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/0,1595,265,00.html

and click on "DW-Radio >Live". It's a live stream, and it's kind of like NPR in German.

Another German webcast that I find high-larious is:

http://your.orf.at/wiewebcam/bheute/bhav.php

Click on "Sendung starten." It's the Viennese nightly news, so if you ever wanted to test your dialect-interpretation ability, this is the place. It's wonderfully cheesy local news, but in German. "Amoklaeufer" (folks who go crazy and ram their cars into things) seem to be a favorite topic.

munkee girl said...

P.S. DIE FLEDERMAUS!!!