Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm back. Actually been back for over a week. Sorry for being gone so long. Good trip. Helped the economy. Made some purchases. Drank some margaritas.

This past Friday, Jess and I attempted the dreaded mixing of friends; including an invite to someone I hadn't seen in at least a decade. We grilled. We talked. We played a few games. I think it was reasonably successful. I enjoyed. Lukas (small baby) was a great ice-breaker. He and the dog certainly helped the conversation move forward. Hopefully we'll be able to do this again.

As for the friend from a decade past. I think that went well. She's a gamer-geek (and I mean that in a nice way) who's into sci-fi. She'll be fun to have around too.

I promised a while back to get some old photos scanned. And I've been doing just that. I'm having a problem posting them to the blog. They may be too large. I'll work on the problem and get something posted.

I know that I watch too much television but the new season of Prison Break is tonight. It's a very good show. You should check it out. Now would be a good time to get into the story. In short...8 inmates escaped in the season finale and are now on the run. Clearly last season was the prison part...this season is all about the break (and run). Monday's on Fox. Give it shot.

One more thing. The Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner. Not so good. Funny in part but more shocking to hear the language and the jokes about George Takei (Sulu) being gay. Also, Takei's bit was very blue and shocking in that it certainly seems to be closer to his true feelings. He's an actor, but not that good. Betty White's bit is possibly the best portion.

That's all for now. It's good to be back.

No comments: