Tuesday, July 18, 2006

As I enter year 33 my Grandfather included this odd limerick along with the usual birthday gift. Odd, humorous, and I had to share...
On the chest of a barmaid at Yale,
Were tattooed the prices of ale,
And on her behind,
For the sake of the blind,
Was the same information in Braille.
Now...My Grandfather isn't exactly the bawdy sort...but he is blunt and to the point. I wonder if this is in relation to some recent vision issues he's encountered. Should his vision go...I'll have to take him to Yale on a Braille Quest.

Yes...I should be executed for the poor execution of a pun.

Anyway...I hadn't encountered the limerick before and it was reasonably innocent so I thought I would share.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

By the way, happy birthday! I was going to post something on my blog about missing your hot dogs and your wife's potatoes, but I thought my meaning might be miscontrued by people who don't know us.

Anyway, much love and we hope to see you soon!

Peter said...

Yeah, sorry I forgot your birthday old dude. Beth says 'we miss your hot dogs and salt potatoes too.'

twd3lr said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
twd3lr said...

Google it and get lost for a few minutes in the magic of limericks. I did!

Ken said...

Miss you all too...got a new grill for the birthday...and the annual delivery of franks and coneys. They were tasty.

Sarah - I'm shocked that you'd miss the dogs...but I understand the sentiment. And it would have been a great post if you'd gone on about my hot dogs. :-)

Tom...thanks for all things Google. They own information. It's all about the tubes...

twd3lr said...

That is bizarre, Mike. Thanks for the laugh.

Ken, Ted Stevens has got to be the worst Senator there currently is. Are the people in Alaska actually awake during general elections?