Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Big Announcement

Okay...not so big...most of you know it. I've managed to tell everyone but two key friends who have been out of town the past two weeks.

Jessica and I are moving back to Little Rock. My last day with my current employer is Dec. 2. I report to my now job on Dec. 5.

This is a big decision, but one derived at soberly and in full consultation with Jessica. It's the right thing to do if we want to try and start a family that consists of more than four-legged, non-human members. It's not the best decision when you consider the close friends we have here in F'ville.

You all are very special (and I mean short bus) people and I'll miss you every day. We'll have plenty of incentive to return for weekend trips will be able to entertain guests in LR. Unfortunately I don't think this will be like our relocation to Tulsa, wherein we returned in 8-months. This means my Thursday gaming is indefinitely on hold (the LR guys aren't into RPG). I'm going to miss that a lot. Even while I was in Tulsa I returned most Thursdays evenings for gaming. Have fun and set a place for me in absentia.

Don't get me wrong LR peeps!! I'm looking forward to seeing you as well...it's just rough all this moving that Jessica and I keep doing. I think the plan is to stick around in one place for a while this time.

We do have some other good news....the house is under contract and Jessica is perhaps the greatest realtor ever. That said...Jess and I might need some assistance over the next ten days loading our home into the storage containers we're using. We've already got most of the house packed (say 70%). We just need to transfer the boxes and furniture into the containers. My biggest concern is the piano. It obviously made it into the house...we'll find a way to get it out.

More later...

3 comments:

Peter said...

Just say the word, and I'll come help. Um, I'm working during the day on Friday, but if you guys need some help Friday evening, just let me know.

dj said...

Give me a holler when you a need hand Ken. I seem to recall a certain somebody helping me move not to long ago, and returning the favor is the least I can do.

Ken said...

Thank Peter, Mike, and DJ.

I'll probalby take you up on your offers of assistance.

Mike...as long as you let us know when you'll be in F'ville we'll make a point to be there too.