Tuesday, August 09, 2005

So, I was watching Attack of the Show on Monday. They occasionally have crappy LA bands play live on the show. I usually give them about 30 seconds before I fast forward. This band, Hot Waffles, played and despite the fact they truly are not a good band they're kinda quirky like Tenacious D.

I mention this because the song they played was titles "George Lucas Raped Our Childhood." What a great title. And the song expresses some of the frustration that a lot of us have felt these past few years with the new Star Wars movies and the various special editions (Mike...talking about you). Check the link and click on the Music tab. Then give the song a listen. You'll be happy you did. I can tell you that the song on their site titled "Bert and Ernie are Gay?" isn't that good and doesn't live up to (what I hoped was) it's humorous potential.

2 comments:

jennybee said...

For excellent gay Burt and Ernie songs, check out the Avenue Q soundtrack. Fabulous stuff, all of it. Catchy tunes, too.

Ken said...

Thanks Mike. Toro? I'm off to explore right now...