Sunday, June 26, 2005

Back after a brief break. Just had nothing to say.

It's been an excellent weekend. Saw the Prassels on Friday night as we tried a new Thai restaurant in Fayetteville. It's Thep Thai. Pretty good. Located on South School...where the Dairy Queen and the Fayetteville Silk Road used to live. I hope this place has better luck. They've cleaned the interior and, more importantly, the food was excellent. I'll be going there for lunch sometime since it's close to the office.

I want to give kudos to Sarah White. She had a review of the book Fat Girl in Sunday Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. That's great! I wish we had known. Saw her on Saturday night and she made not a peep about the review. She's so quiet about her writing and criticism. I'd be shouting out if I had only a letter to the editor that made it to print. So...Sarah....lets us in and share these things. We're your friends and we would like to share in these things and pepper you with compliments. I'm beginning to fear that when you finally publish an award-winning novel, we might just be the last to know.

Played golf this morning with a good friend that will be leaving town by the end of the week. He's a consultant and is rolling off this big project at work. His last day is on Thursday unless they extend his contract. Anyway...he's a really good guy and I'll miss having him around the office. I hope I'll get the opportunity to work with him again in the future.

Then...after early golf...time for lunch, nap, and re-hydration as I also had a soccer game at 4pm. It's been a rough day. I am tired. Oh...and we lost yet again. It's still somewhat of a relief to know that the losses occur whether I am there or not (missed last week - another loss). It would be even better though if the losses only occured when I was not there. That will never happen in this universe...but I can dream.

One last thing in this long post. Jessica and I took Vagabond to the Farmer's Market on Saturday...and, proud dog-parent that I am, he was so good. He still had the shakes a bit and is wary of trash cans but he negotiated the crowd without incident. We'll keep taking him back more frequently after this successful outing. He still needs to be socialized to groups of people...dogs are fine...he's just generally scared of humans (smart dog).

1 comment:

munkee girl said...

Beth's gonna kick yer butt for trying that place--she's been wanting to go there for months and not had any luck convincing folks. Maybe she got enough deelishus grub this weekend that she won't hold it against you.

Hurrah for Sarah! Hope you saved a copy of it for those of us who are too illiterate to subscribe to the paper.

And who can blame Vagabond--you never know when a trashcan is going to turn on you. Good thing he's got his looks to fall back on.

P.S. I'm going to have to lay the smack down on you for the relative pronoun problem in this post. SCHMACK!!! With grammatical love, K.