Thursday, November 01, 2007

Never mind the bollocks...

Let me say that I think that Beckett is starting off right. He's inheriting great taste like his father.

I like me some Late Night w/ Craig Ferguson on occasion. On Halloween his first guests were John Lydon and Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols. I got around to watching it this evening and during their set Beckett get really interested, heads to the television, and starts dancing. It seems my boy likes him some punk. Knowing this was a moment to capture, I grabbed the camera and shot a short video which I hope to post.

I think I'll be adding some Rancid and The Ramones to the Beckett playlist in iTunes.

The little guy makes me smile each and every day.

He's found his feet and is wandering around the house. He's become a menace to the poor dog. The cat has the sense and dexterity to get out of his way. I actually like that he's largely ambulatory. It means he can focus more energy on his words....and they're certainly coming. He's can say: thank you, dad, yum (more of a sound than word), grandad, and good. He really needs to say mom or else I think someone in the house is going to have their feelings hurt.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

as long as he stays in the punk genre and avoids bad 80s hair metal ... I think he'll do well in life!!!

alese said...

Oh, Grams loves 80s hair metal . . . will have to teach the boy all about White Snake (maybe we will save the video version until he is legal drinking age)!

Who knew arena rock would ever become something someone's grandmother liked?

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking a little Kenny - Kenny Rogers, Kenny Chesny, Kenny G. Throw in some Lyle Lovett and Mary Chapin Carpenter. Alison Krauss for good measure. Mix in a little jazz and blues - Thelonius, Louis, Etta, Sarah and of course don't forget the 3B's & M - Bach, Beethovan, Brahms and Mozart. Plus some Gershwin. He'll be well rounded musically.