Monday, June 11, 2007

Exit old Reality...Hello new Reality..

I've not really had the interest in posting recently. There's been a lot going on and I haven't felt very much like sharing. Still, I need to provide a bit of an update.

We're off to Vietnam in a few days. Time for parenthood. At this point I don't have anything sublime or terribly witty to add to the record on what it's like to anticipate fatherhood. Better souls than mine have said it better.

I just want to have a safe trip and bring Beckett home. I know the caregivers in Vietnam are doing their level best for all their charges. I want to hold him and pass on the little bits of wisdom I've acquired (and how to troubleshoot a broken lawn mower). For me it's a frightening thing to become a parent. I temper that feeling with the fact that most people end up as parents at some point, and even find success at it. Jess and I are lucky to have the support of family and some financial standing to provide for Beckett. I hope he turns out to be a strong reflection of his very loving parents.

While away we'll primarily blog updates on the other site (www.bringinghomebe.blogspot.com) but I'm sure I'll post some updates and photos here as well.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and support as we've gone through the adoption process and as we move from prospective parents to actual parents.

Woo hooo!

1 comment:

alese said...

Clearly you are going to be an amazing father . . . thoughtful, caring and engaged . . . I personally can't imaging a better recipe for success in your new role.